This four-week course offers your child a basic introduction to the art of Egyptian raqs sharqi, known in the West as belly dance! Besides being a great way to build coordination and confidence, belly dance is a fun and unique opportunity for kids and teens to experience a taste of Egypt. In each session, we’ll sample several of the fundamental movements of the dance, and we’ll combine them into a fun choreography – all while exploring Egyptian music and culture. We'll also explore how to integrate colorful dance veils and jingly finger cymbals into the dance (veils and cymbals are provided for use during class time).
Summer Vacation Belly Dance for Kids and Teens!
Summer 2017 Session Classes
- if registering more than one child, add $35 per additional child
Class size is limited! Only students who are registered in advance are guaranteed a spot in the class. Please register early in order to reserve your child's spot.
Please note that class fees are non-refundable after the start of the session. Classes missed in the current session may not be used as credit for classes in future sessions. Registrations are non-transferable.
Print and complete the registration form AND the parental consent form FOR EACH CHILD and return with payment in one of two ways:
1. Postal mail the forms and pay with a check or money order payable to "Belly Dance with Nisaa." Mail to Belly Dance with Nisaa, PO Box 26992, St. Louis, MO 63118.
2. Postal mail OR scan and e-mail the forms and pay here with PayPal using the links below. You don't have to have a PayPal account to use this method of payment. If possible, please include your child's name as a "note to seller" when you complete your payment in PayPal.
- Regular attendance is encouraged. Please let Nisaa know if your child will be absent.
- Please be prompt in picking up and dropping off your child. For safety reasons, no child will be permitted to leave the studio without their authorized parent/guardian or emergency contact. Please let Nisaa know if you are running late.
- Unfortunately, there is no waiting area in the studio. For parents who want to stay nearby the studio while their child is taking class, there are a number of cafes, restaurants, and shops in the Shaw neighborhood, including SweetArt (just around the corner from the studio) and Ices Plain and Fancy. There are also a variety of establishments on nearby South Grand.
- There is no special attire required for the class. Children should wear comfortable clothing that allows freedom of movement. Once they arrive at the studio, children will be asked to remove their shoes.
- Gum, candy, and food are not permitted in class.
- Water bottles are welcome in class!
Registration and Payment Information
Class Cancellations due to Inclement Weather or Other Emergencies
- In the event of inclement weather, call 314-599-0506 to check the status of classes.
- In the event of other emergencies, such as instructor illness, Nisaa will make every effort to contact students. If for some reason Nisaa is unable to contact students, the cancellation will be posted on the door of the studio.
- Make-ups for cancelled classes will be offered as scheduling permits.
3904 Flad Avenue
St. Louis, Missouri 63110
Find additional information about the studio here. Feel free to e-mail or call 314.599.0506 for directions! Nisaa will offer this class again in the future if there is sufficient demand. If you're interested in this class, please contact Nisaa and let her know!