Seniors, this four-week course offers you a basic introduction to the art of Egyptian raqs sharqi, known in the West as belly dance! This course is designed to be a gentler, slower-paced alternative to Nisaa’s regular Level 1 course. In each session, we’ll sample several of the fundamental movements of the dance, and we’ll combine them into a fun choreography – all while exploring the cultural context behind the dance. Come and experience this fun and educational way to stay active!
Belly Dance Basics for Seniors
Spring 2017 Session Classes
- $85 for two sessions (this discount only applies if registering prior to the start of both sessions)
- $120 for all three sessions (this discount only applies if registering prior to the start of the first session)
Class size is limited! Only students who register in advance are guaranteed a spot in the class. Please register early in order to reserve your spot.
Please note that class fees are non-refundable after the start of the session. Classes missed in the current session may not be used as credit for classes in future sessions. Registrations are non-transferable.
There are two ways to register for the session.
1. Print and complete the registration form, and mail it with your check or money order to Belly Dance with Nisaa, PO Box 26992, St. Louis, MO 63118. One form per student, please.
2. Register here with PayPal. Click on the links below for the classes of your choice. You don't have to have a PayPal account to use this method of payment.
- Regular attendance is encouraged. If you must miss a class, please contact Nisaa about make-up opportunities.
- Please be on time for class.
- Wear comfortable exercise attire that is somewhat form-fitting (form-fitting attire makes it possible for Nisaa to see and correct your posture and movements). Please do not wear bulky clothes or skirts. Please avoid wearing strong perfumes/colognes, and remember to wear antiperspirant/deodorant.
- You may choose to dance barefoot, or you may wish to wear dance slippers (ask Nisaa for recommendations on dance slippers). Please do not wear street shoes such as tennis shoes.
- Bring a simple scarf to tie around your hips. Please do not wear a coin scarf because the noise distracts from the music.
- You may wish to bring a bottle of water.
- Please do not chew gum in class.
- Please turn cell phone ringers off.
Registration and Payment Information
Class Cancellations due to Inclement Weather or Other Emergencies
- In the event of inclement weather, call 314-599-0506 to check the status of classes.
- In the event of other emergencies, such as instructor illness, Nisaa will make every effort to contact students. If for some reason Nisaa is unable to contact students, the cancellation will be posted on the door of the studio.
- Make-ups for cancelled classes will be offered as scheduling permits.
Current students, you may also register at the studio. At the studio, Nisaa can accept cash (exact change appreciated), checks/money orders (payable to "Belly Dance with Nisaa"), credit/debit card payments, and PayPal payments.
Liability Waiver and Release:
Please note that students are required to sign a liability waiver and release in order to participate. The liability waiver and release will be provided at the students' first class.
3904 Flad Avenue
St. Louis, Missouri 63110
Find additional information about the studio here. Feel free to e-mail or call 314.599.0506 for directions! Nisaa will offer this class again in the future if there is sufficient demand. If you're interested in this class, please contact Nisaa and let her know! Not able to make it to a weekly class? Or just looking for a fun and unique addition to your next event? Nisaa can bring a class to you! Click here for more information!