Nisaa offers the following drills classes during the break between the fall and spring sessions. Please note that these classes are geared towards students with prior Middle Eastern dance experience. For students with no prior experience, please consider joining one of Nisaa's regular twelve-week session classes in the spring, summer, or fall.
IMPORTANT NOTES (PLEASE READ ALL):
- These classes are scheduled to take place in Nisaa's studio (directions here).
- COVID-19 safety precautions remain in effect (see below).
- In the event of inclement weather, classes will shift to a live online format via Zoom.
- In the event of a citywide stay-at-home order due to COVID-19, classes will shift to a live online format via Zoom.
- If classes shift to a live online format, class fees will not be refunded nor will class credits be issued. By registering, you agree and accept that classes may shift to a live online format in either of the aforementioned circumstances.
Winter Inter-Session Drills Classes with Nisaa
Winter 2023 Inter-Session Drills Classes
Class size is limited! Only students who register in advance are guaranteed a spot in the class. Please register early in order to reserve your spot.
Please note that class fees are non-refundable after the start of the session. Classes missed in the current session may not be used as credit for classes in future sessions. Registrations are non-transferable.
Register here with PayPal. Click on the links to the right for the classes of your choice. You don't have to have a PayPal account to use this method of payment.
If you are unable to register online, contact Nisaa.
Current students, you may also register at the studio. At the studio, Nisaa can accept cash (exact change appreciated), checks/money orders (payable to "Belly Dance with Nisaa"), credit/debit card payments, and PayPal payments.
Liability Waiver and Release:
Please note that students are required to sign a liability waiver and release in order to participate. The liability waiver and release will be provided at the students' first class.
Registration and Payment Information
Current students, please enroll in your current level (i.e. the level in which you were enrolled in the fall 2022 class session).
Students who have been away for a while, or students transferring from other studios, please contact Nisaa for guidance regarding which level would be appropriate.
- Regular attendance is encouraged. If you must miss a class, please contact Nisaa about make-up opportunities.
- Please be on time for class.
- Wear comfortable exercise attire that is somewhat form-fitting (form-fitting attire makes it possible for Nisaa to see and correct your posture and movements). Please do not wear bulky clothes or skirts. Please avoid wearing strong perfumes/colognes, and remember to wear antiperspirant/deodorant.
- You may choose to dance barefoot, or you may wish to wear dance slippers (ask Nisaa for recommendations on dance slippers). Please do not wear street shoes such as tennis shoes. Level 1 students are not required to wear dance slippers. However, Level 2 and 3 students are strongly encouraged to do so.
- Bring a simple scarf to tie around your hips. Please do not wear a coin scarf because the noise distracts from the music.
- You may wish to bring a bottle of water.
- Please do not chew gum in class.
- Please turn cell phone ringers off.
Class Cancellations due to Inclement Weather or Other Emergencies
- In the event of inclement weather, classes will shift to a live online format via Zoom. Nisaa will make every effort to contact students, but please call or text 314.599.0506 if you are unsure about the status of classes.
- In the event of other emergencies, such as instructor illness, Nisaa will make every effort to contact students.
- Make-ups for cancelled classes will be offered as scheduling permits.
- Do not enter more than 15 minutes prior to your scheduled class time
- Do not enter if you are currently experiencing symptoms of COVID-19
- Do not enter if you have had direct contact with a person diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 14 days (please allow 10 days from date of exposure before returning to class)
- As of January 1, 2023, face masks are optional. However, you are requested to wear a mask if you are experiencing respiratory symptoms such as cough and runny nose.
- You are STRONGLY ENCOURAGED to receive a COVID-19 vaccination before joining classes (if you choose to join without being vaccinated please remember that you do so at your own risk)
COVID-19 Safety Precautions - read before registering for in-studio classes!
Monday Level 1
Mondays 6 - 7 PM
1/9/23 - 1/30/23
Tuesday Level 1
Tuesdays 6 - 7 PM
1/10/23 - 1/31/23
Wednesday Level 1a (not the same as Level 1)
Thursday Level 1a (not the same as Level 1)
Thursdays 6 - 7 PM
1/12/23 - 2/2/23
Level 2a (not the same as Level 2)
Mondays 7:30 - 8:30 PM
1/9/23 - 1/30/23
Tuesday Level 3
Tuesdays 7:30 - 8:30 PM
1/10/23 - 1/31/23
Wednesday Level 3
Wednesdays 7:30 - 8:30 PM
1/11/23 - 2/1/23